Thursday, August 4, 2011

Follow Friday.....


This is the day of the week where we get to know each other better by answering a question devised by our lovely hostesses Parajunkee & Alisoncanread.  We also gain new followers by joining each other's sites via GFC, so please let me know if you're a new follower since I automatically follow back.  And now for this week's question....

Q: Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?). 

 

A:  Three books had an affect on me.  The first book that turned me into an avid reader was The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen Woodiwiss.  My first romance book at the age of 12 and I felt like such an adult reading it.  The second book is Always to Remember by Lorraine Heath.  A highly emotional read about the power of forgiveness.  The final book is Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson.  This story is about a deaf and mute girl kept in a world of isolation but through the power of love gets introduced to the world to make something of herself.  This book is a comfort read whenever I have a bad day with my being a quadriplegic.




15 comments:

  1. LOL The first time I read a romance novel was at age 12 as well. It was some vampire book and it was awful but it made me feel like a grown-up. =P I will have to check out The Flame and the Flower!

    New follower. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joder, thanks for visiting my blog! My answer is up now. :D

    I'll admit that I haven't heard those books, but they sound awesome – will have to look them up.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but they seem very inspirational.
    Thanks for the visit and follow!
    Happy Friday and new follower =}

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi hopping through:) Sounds really cool! Im a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi & Happy Friday!

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know these books.

    Happy Friday

    Here's mine: http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2011/08/follow-friday-8511.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've heard of those books. :)

    have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are good to remember books you read at 12! I don't remember any...just HarliquenRomance...lol~

    New Follower!

    My Follow Friday

    ~Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have very fund memories of my first romance novel "Outlaw Hearts" by Rebecca Brandewyne.
    Here's my HOP for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. I haven't heard of these books. Annie's Song sounds like something I'd like - I'll have to look it up.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hopping by today! Following you back now! Hmm... I have to admit that I haven't read any of the books above. Another reminder that there are more good books than I can find hours to read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember reading romance when I was younger too. It was kind of a thrill knowing you were reading something so 'adult' lol

    http://plbjourney.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. The book having most influence on both my reading habits as well as my life, is Harry Potter. I grew up with him!

    Happy Friday! My answer can be found here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annie's Song sounds REALLY awesome! It always makes me a little excited to find out about good books I've missed!

    Please swing by my blog to see what books I talked about! Visit or follow - either makes my day. :)

    http://onceuponaprologue.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday-13-book-blogger-hop-11.html

    ReplyDelete