Thursday, December 13, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday.......


Hello all, it's that day of the week where we learn new things about each other and discover new blogs along the way.  We also help each other by becoming followers of one another.  Normally that following would be through GFC (which would be great if you'd still take a few seconds to do), but with that being eliminated for certain blogs (a big boo-hiss to that) I now ask that you follow through a RSS Feed (or Twitter, FB, or email) which you can find to the right.  I want to thank all of you ahead of time who choose to become a follower and make sure to let me know in the comments if you're new so I doubly make sure to follow you back.  And now for this weeks get to know me question....


Q: What is the last book that made you cry? Tell us about the scene...


A:  I actually haven't cried while reading a book.  Some books are emotionally draining and make me feel warm and fuzzy, but not to the point of crying.  Those books that most affect me have disabled people getting their HEA while remaining disabled.  One that sticks out is one I read many years ago.  It's Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson and the final part of the book where the deaf/mute Annie gets sent away to school because the man who married her out of sympathy wants her to live life, gave me lots of warm fuzzies.  Without her, Alex realizes how much he really loves her and how much richer she made his life.  The time that passes as he sees her blossoming without him and his finally admitting the truth to her was an amazing HEA and one I've always dreamt about.

6 comments:

  1. Those get me everytime too. Happy Holidays!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the emotionally draining part. New follower via GFC Witchy Reviews FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I don't cry too much either while reading. It has to be something really devastating to make me cry. Harry Potter was one of them!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that when I read I get so involved in the story (if it's well written) and become the character to the point of sympathizing with them almost too much and man, I can boo-hoo over a book now! New follower via GFC. Check out my F&F



    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like such a sweet scene :)
    old follower
    My F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2012/12/friday-56-13-feature-friday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good answer.

    http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete