Monday, April 11, 2011

Fashion Monday Madness......

Another week has passed and I've spent the day looking for some celebrity fashions I'm sure will generate some discussions.  So please join me for.....

The Good....


Taylor Swift looks stunning in this creamy gold gown.  The color of her dress goes perfectly with her skin tone and the hair and make-up only add to the chic look.  She looks mature, but definitely not old.  A big round of applause for this gorgeous ensemble.


I'm not normally a fan of Renee Zellweger's style, but I'm very impressed by this red trench coat dress and awesome bag and shoes that compliment the red coloring perfectly.  She looks flirty and fun and quite the stylish spy.



The Bad....


The saying goes...June is busting out all over, but in this case it's Tori Spelling.  The top half of this dress is a bit too revealing and the rest of the dress has way too much going on.  To add to this over-the-top ensemble is the overly curly hair that taken as a whole makes her look like a tassel.


Nicole Kidman has gotten into the way back machine and found this ensemble that carries the stench of the eighties with it.  From the leather dress that brings forth images of Sandy from Grease to the fur shrug that PETA might frown upon I'm left disappointed in her fashion choice again this week.  I think I'll picture Keith Urban instead to wipe this sad outfit from my memory.



The Ugly....


Kim Kardashian has also decided to revisit the past in this black jumpsuit inspired outfit that's extremely ill-fighting and not at all figure flattering.  Add to that the Dynasty-inspired shoulder pads and you have a recipe for disaster.




Former Spice Girl Mel B looks to be channeling all the Spice Girls at once in this overly busy dress that makes me think of a quilt pieced together using scraps of old clothing.  Not only that, but I think she needs to cut down on the bronzer and highlights in her hair.


So there you have it.  The best of the best and the worst of the worst.  What do you think?  Agree, disagree, sound off below.

6 comments:

  1. I love this post and your commentary. I couldn't have said it better myself. I think all of the clothes from the 80's should have stayed in that era. Whose bright idea was it to bring it back? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not sure why shoulder pads especially need to make a comeback. They were a hideous embarrassment the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Nicole wearing a fur shrug, or did she drug a cat with claws, and clip it to her dress?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the +ell is Mel B wearing!?! WOW! That is an eye sore!

    Taylor Swift always looks amazing, I'm not so much a fan of her music but she always looks good!

    Renee Z, although the trench is cute, she needs to eat a cheesburger, or 100.... lol!

    And WHY o WHY are people trying to bring the 80's back? The fashion was horrible then and it's still horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Nicole K's fur shrug is atrocious and is the main reason why she made The Bad list. I thought only cavewomen, or Wilma Flintstone, would wear something like that, but I guess I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel B is looking worse and worse all the time. When I saw that outfit I KNEW I had to show it to you all. The whole look, from head to toe, is just BBBAAAADDDD.

    And yes, Renee desperately needs to gain some weight. That's why I really liked this outfit on her, her extreme thinness didn't show when wearing it. She actually looks fairly healthy in the dress.

    And Taylor usually hits the mark on her wardrobe choices, you're right about that Amanda. Regardless of how I feel about her music, she's a celebrity who young girls should be looking up to when it comes to fashion, not some others who shall remain nameless.

    Thanks for all your comments everybody! It puts a smile on my face seeing my little fashion post provide you with a chuckle or two. Join me again next Monday for more fashions to chat about.

    ReplyDelete