Thursday, September 13, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday......


    

Hello all, it's that day of the week where we learn new things about each other and discover new blogs along the way.  We also help each other by becoming followers of one another.  Normally that following would be through GFC (which would be great if you'd still take a few seconds to do), but with that being eliminated for certain blogs (a big boo-hiss to that) I now ask that you follow through a RSS Feed (or Twitter, FB, or email) which you can find to the right.  I want to thank all of you ahead of time who choose to become a follower and make sure to let me know in the comments if you're new so I doubly make sure to follow you back.  And now for this weeks get to know me question....

Q: What hyped up book do you think was not worth all the talk?

A:  This is an easy answer for me......Fifty Shades of Grey!  It was an okay read but nothing earth-shattering.  I've read tons of erotica, so the theme of this book was nothing new to me.  Of the erotica I have read, the authors did a much better job of balancing character and action and were able to write more fully fleshed-out characters.  While the book's hero is intriguing, the heroine grated on my nerves.  If you want an erotic book done right, look to Robin Schone.

15 comments:

  1. I'm going to go ahead and say that 50 Shades will probably be a popular answer this week. I'm actually one of thousands who loved the series. I'm a sucker for smutty reads and even though I agree that it was poorly written I still ended up liking the story.

    Here's my FF Post

    GFC Follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. My answer was the same, but for different reasons. :D Old Follower. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from a new follower! Love the name of your blog. :) I have not read 50 Shades myself, but I'm sure I've read better erotica too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody is chosing Fifty Shades :) I haven't read it yet but I'm in no rush for doing it.

    Old follower
    Ruty
    Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I figured this book would be a recurring choice amongst the group. I really don't understand the insane devotion towards this book.

      Delete
  5. My inner goddess agrees. I don't dislike the series but outside the explicit sex, I don't get what the fuss is about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That one didn't make it onto my radar really. Erotica is not something I really care to read.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read 50 Shades myself but from what I hear the heroine is apparently really, really pretty - and she knows it haha.

    New Follower :)
    Check out my FF at http://theyabookgeek.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/feature-and-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heey
    I agree, I only read the first book but it didn't blow me. Erotica wise I also felt that the sex scenes weren't as good as they could've been. It's pushed up as being all BDSM or Dom/Sub-ish but it's just another romance with a bit of kink XD Thanks for sharing, I'm an old follower!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this book and I certainly am not going too. They don't sound like my kind of read and there is too many hype around it! And I don't like the covers! ;)

    New follwer!
    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't read 50 Shades of Grey because I know I'll be disappointed pretty much no matter which way the story turns out.

    Old follower passing through. My FF is here:
    nickieanderson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to all old and new followers for stopping by! I wish everyone a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard this book really lacks character development... so it's good to hear from someone who has read other erotica.

    Old follower here!
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. That so true. About that book it not bad to much hype great blog FF# follow back http://www.vampandstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. 50 Shades seems to be most peoples favourite to nominate for over hyped book.
    New to FF and to your blog.
    Mines at http://adventitiousreading.blogspot.ca/
    Thanks
    I.M.

    ReplyDelete