Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My 40th Birthday!!!!


Today was my 40th birthday.  At first, I thought I'd be upset with the realization that I've reached this milestone age and don't have many accomplishments to show for it.  After all, I'm not married, have no children, and am not climbing the corporate ladder.  But because of my great friends who surprised me, and those friends who tried to surprise me (but I'm too smart for them), I realized that even the small accomplishments are enough.

So thank you to all of you for making me feel important, even if it's only in this small corner of the world.  Thank you for making me feel worthwhile, even when some doctors thought otherwise.  And mostly, thank you for giving me a purpose....to be the best friend, daughter, and person I can be.

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!! You youngster, you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 40th! I just had my 15th on the 20th :)

    Hope this year is a great one for you!

    www.blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, well, I'm a day late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! With age, comes the realization that it's truly the small things that count (like good family and friends). ;)

    Kristi
    www.kristichestnutt.blogspot.com
    www.booKrushed.com

    PS-LOVE your blog title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday. I hope we surprised you, despite what you picked up from your Mother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes! It was a pretty good day I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a bit late, but nonetheless I want to wish you all the best, and hope you enjoyed your birthday. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy belated birthday! i hope you had an AMAZING day <3

    Diana

    ReplyDelete