Thursday, January 19, 2012

Follow Friday.......


This is the day of the week where we get to know each other better by answering a question devised by our lovely hostesses Parajunkee & Alisoncanread.  We also gain new followers by joining each other's sites via GFC, so please let me know if you're a new follower since I automatically follow back.  And now for this week's question....

Q: What's the craziest thing you've ever done to get your hands on any particular book?

 

A:  I'm going to appear rather boring with this answer...but so be it.  I read A LOT as a child, and since I became disabled at the age of four, it was my main form of activity (sure beat PE which I luckily got out of in later years).  My parents made sure I had whatever books I wanted but we had to drive 45 minutes to the closest city with a bookstore to get them.  Needless to say, the bag was overflowing with books when we came home.  Thankfully, my sister was a big reader too so the books were reread by many.

15 comments:

  1. Great story and awesome post :)


    Happy Friday and check out my follow Friday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story!

    I had to beg just to BORROW a copy of Divergent!
    Kellie
    reawrite.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, reading rather than PE? That must've been one perk! When I broke my arm, I still had to sit on the sidelines and watch rather than participate! (I know that in no way compares, but it's fascinating how other places do things.)

    Stop by and see my TGIF / Follow Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through, good post. I would love to borrow books yet my friends live far away or we just don't similar tastes in books. :D Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday!!!
    Nice story!!

    Following :))

    My #FF hop is here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got to sit out in PE too due to medical issues with my leg. So later on in middle school and high school--especially when I had recent surgeries, I would get to sit out and READ! The only time I actually liked PE!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always good when books are well-used. :)

    I'm a new follower!

    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're parents are just so supportive, unlike mine...

    Don't forget to enter my Dragon's Oath Audiobook Giveaway
    Jez's Bookcase

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. How nice of your parents to make sure you always had books. And reading is much better than PE :-)
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Books are a nice escape aren't that , and don't make you all sweaty like PE. I'm a new follower would love to see you over at our page. thanks http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower here! Overflowing bags of books sounds like Heaven to me! Here is my FF if you'd like to follow back:http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky! I wish my parents bought me that many books at a time :) I just get 1-3.

    New follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to read all the time and my room would just be overflowing with books! :)
    Happy friday! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone for your visits and comments and I hope your weekend went wonderfully! I look forward to your continued visits as they absolutely make my day better!

    ReplyDelete