Thursday, January 26, 2012

Follow Friday.......


Hello all, it's that day of the week where we learn new things about each other and discover new blogs along the way.  We also help each other by becoming followers of one another.  Normally that following would be through GFC (which would be great if you'd still take a few seconds to do), but with that being eliminated (a big boo-hiss to that) I now ask that you follow through a RSS Feed which you can find to the right under "subscribe to..." and choose posts and then the reader of your choice.  I want to thank all of you ahead of time who choose to become a follower and make sure to let me know in the comments if you're new so I doubly make sure to follow you back.  And now for this weeks get to know me question......

Q: Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?

A:  Self-help books.  I've only read one or two that were recommended to me as being empowering, but I found them to be depressing and slightly annoying.  I think change has to come from within and you've got to truly want it to achieve it. 

10 comments:

  1. True, true. I don't think I've EVER read a self-help book - just not my kind of book!
    Here's my FF!
    http://imlostinabook.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a lot of self help books either. Not really my thing, I guess. But, I really avoid horror books like the plague. I hate being scared.

    Have a great weekend!

    Aimee
    gettingyourreadonaimeebrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep Yep! Agree! I did read a few and LoL it really didn't help.
    BTW thanks for stopping by my blog.Cheers!
    -Books With Marshmallows-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I'm with you on self-help. Not my thing.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like the preachy over enthusiastic type either

    Thanks for stopping by Book'd Out earlier!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like those either. I really can't read anything that's not paranormal.

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read a self-help book myself and don't think I could personally take them seriously. If they work for some people, then more power to them!

    Old Follower
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm a new follower!!! I can't wait to read more on your blog!!!! :)

    Haha I've never read a self-help book, but I've always wondered how helpful they actually are :)

    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-me-friday-my-first-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.. New follower!!.. Self-help books are hard to read.. looking forward to your reviews.

    http://breathoflifebookreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice... I'm not into self-help, either. at best I skim (skip!) to the end and call it done!! Lol

    My ff: Colorimetry

    ReplyDelete