Thursday, June 14, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday......


Hello all, it's that day of the week where we learn new things about each other and discover new blogs along the way.  We also help each other by becoming followers of one another.  Normally that following would be through GFC (which would be great if you'd still take a few seconds to do), but with that being eliminated for certain blogs (a big boo-hiss to that) I now ask that you follow through a RSS Feed (or Twitter, FB, or email) which you can find to the right.  I want to thank all of you ahead of time who choose to become a follower and make sure to let me know in the comments if you're new so I doubly make sure to follow you back.  And now for this weeks get to know me question....

Q: Happy Father's Day! Who is your favorite dad character in a book and why?

 

A:  Not many of the books I read have a dad in the picture, so this is a tough question to answer.  I again am falling back on a series of books I adore....JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood.  The character of Zsadist was horrendously tortured growing up and was ashamed of the things that happened to him.  Because of this he never wanted children, never wanted them to be tainted by the things that were beyond his control.  He finally became a father though and seeing such a tender side to him with his large and battle-scarred body crooning lullabies to a tiny baby girl easily brings a tear to the eye.  It's brought him peace and happiness and I see it as a reward for all the bad things that befell him.

16 comments:

  1. I said the same thing about no fathers in books I read. I guess parents are uncool lol. I never heard of that book, I might just check it out now. New follower!

    Check out my post:
    My Feature and Follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and the follow! Back atcha via GFC.

    I was thinking about Z after I finished. Yeah, he's a great pick!

    Nice to meetcha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following, just stopping by to follow back :) I didn't think of Zsadist, but that is a great answer! Loved that book :)
    Thanks Again!
    Chrystina
    BookLiaison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the whole father deal with books nowadays, and though I have not read the book I did enjoy reading your explanation :) Old Follower

    Shortskie Hops

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't gotten this far in this series, but now I can't wait!
    Thanks for stopping by! New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know this book, but will check it out on GR. My FF post is [HERE]. old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Haven't read this series.

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thnks for visiting my blog!
    New follower!

    I haven't heard about this one!
    But it sounds like a good read.

    Kisses

    Ruty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, new follower! Great answer! Zsadist is my fave character in the BDB books :) :)
    Here is our FF post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice. I liked him a lot as a character. All of the characters in her series are great.
    here's my FF: http://meganm922.blogspot.com/2012/06/feature-and-follow-fridayfathers.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pick, have a great Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/feature-follow_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Parents seem to be markedly absent from books, especially children's and YA. I went with the dysfunctional dads in my post; they're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi...visiting from feature and follow....I am now following you through GFC as lucyatmax. Please return the follow at: bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com
    My answer to dad ? is on my blog....pls visit and follow
    Thanks,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower here! Great post. I’m following you through GFC. You can return the favour over at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, I have book one of the BDB books and now I am so going to get started on them this summer because Zsadist... just *SWOON*. I love when big strong guys hunker down to their tiny children and get all tender and amazing. *happy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly enjoy this series and all the heroes are to die for! If you have the first book, give it a chance and you'll be sucked in before you know it.

      Delete