Thursday, September 22, 2011

Follow Friday.................


This is the day of the week where we get to know each other better by answering a question devised by our lovely hostesses Parajunkee & Alisoncanread.  We also gain new followers by joining each other's sites via GFC, so please let me know if you're a new follower since I automatically follow back.  And now for this week's question....

Q. Do you have a favorite series that you read over and over again? Tell us a bit about it and why you keep on revisiting it?

 

A. I have a few stand-alone books that I re-read whenever I want something reliably good.  They're mostly historical and usually feature disabled characters.  The closest I've come to re-reading a series is JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood.  Even then I don't re-read each installment, just my faves.  As to what draws me to the series, it's the strong and sexy men who still show an emotional side.  I LOVE the grittiness of their world and the moments of angst that help me take a break from my own bad days.

12 comments:

  1. O: I haven't heard of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series! I mostly read alot of paranormal fantasy romance books! Or contemporary ;) Thanks for the visit & the follow!

    Jess @ MaybeitzLove

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I so need to read the rest of the BDB series. I must get to it soon.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Black Dagger Brotherhood series but when I heard amazing things about it. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Friday:)
    My FF:
    http://thesagacityquest.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the second mention of this series I've seen today. After seeing 'strong and sexy men' with the word 'angst' pretty much sells this series to me :-) Now I just need to find the time!

    Thanks for stopping by my FF! Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. another BDB fan..yay! thanks for following & I'm now follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hearing a lot of good things about the BDB series. Hmm, strong and sexy men? I'm really missing out!

    Thanks for stopping by, I'm following you back. :)

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, even more praise for Black Dagger Brotherhood. I'll ask you the question I've been asking about this series: Is this a series that needs to be read in a certain order or should I pick whichever book from it looks the most interesting?

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New like via blog hop hoping you will follow us back at http://www.beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com thks in advance xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read Black Dagger Brotherhood! I've heard tons of great things about it!
    New follower here!
    Feel free to follow back @ http://www.booklove101.blogspot.com
    Happy Follow Friday!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your visits everyone and becoming a follower! Have a wonderful weekend with lots of great books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. J.R. Ward really knows how to suck you in. The BDB is a popular answer this week. I've reread a few of these books- most Rhage's story because he's my absolute favorite. Each of those vamps are dead sexy =)

    New Follower!
    My Follow Friday
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  12. New Follower!
    I really like BDB! I dont normally like books with different main characters each time. Yet these books show an underlining story that you get a little bit of with each book you read! This story ties in well and keeps my reading! Again great pick.

    ReplyDelete