Thursday, August 2, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday.....


Hello all, it's that day of the week where we learn new things about each other and discover new blogs along the way.  We also help each other by becoming followers of one another.  Normally that following would be through GFC (which would be great if you'd still take a few seconds to do), but with that being eliminated for certain blogs (a big boo-hiss to that) I now ask that you follow through a RSS Feed (or Twitter, FB, or email) which you can find to the right.  I want to thank all of you ahead of time who choose to become a follower and make sure to let me know in the comments if you're new so I doubly make sure to follow you back.  And now for this weeks get to know me question....

Q: Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?

 

A: Yes, when I'm feeling down I tend to re-read comfort reads or read books by my favorite and reliable authors.  What also picks me up are paranormal and erotic reads where I get lots of steamy goodness and not have to think too overly much.  When I'm in my good day to day mood it's no holds barred on what I read.  I just plow ahead.

13 comments:

  1. Haha I do like to read some good paranormal romance when I'm in a crappy mood. They always pick up my spirits :D

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. steamy books are great uplifters! :)

    Trish - My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. re-reading old favorites is always a great uplifter to me.

    new follower via GFC

    http://abookishco-op.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paranormal books are perfect for any mood :P Great answer!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. Nothing says distraction like erotica :-)
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same way , nothing like turning to your faves to make you feel better :).

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed! I love being emotionally ready for a read, haha.

    Preet @ AWR

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like reading paranormals, so I am happy with my entire TBR pile really!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading 'easy reads' when I'm down. Or fun reads that don't require too much thinking or make me emotional!

    New Follower via RSS! :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a great Friday! New Follower..
    Ashley @ #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great week-end,just hopping by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Comfort books, like comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  13. *New follower. :)
    Here's my FF/TGIF.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete