Thursday, August 9, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday...................


Hello all, it's that day of the week where we learn new things about each other and discover new blogs along the way.  We also help each other by becoming followers of one another.  Normally that following would be through GFC (which would be great if you'd still take a few seconds to do), but with that being eliminated for certain blogs (a big boo-hiss to that) I now ask that you follow through a RSS Feed (or Twitter, FB, or email) which you can find to the right.  I want to thank all of you ahead of time who choose to become a follower and make sure to let me know in the comments if you're new so I doubly make sure to follow you back.  And now for this weeks get to know me question....

Q: What would you do over if you were to start your blog again from scratch?

 

A:  I would've made sure to have all my graphics and an original background done before I launched.  I'm ashamed to admit I still don't have a blog button done.  And while I do have an original background ready to put up, I'm scared to do so for fear I'll accidentally delete my blog into oblivion.  There's always so much to do and not near enough time.  Perhaps I'll have to take a week off and get these few items done...plus have someone hold my hand and act as cheerleader to help me get 'er done.

12 comments:

  1. Don't worry I never had an original background! I keep promising that I will do ASAP, but like you said I never have enough time!

    Old follower
    Ruty
    Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could've had all that done when I started too! When I first started my blog, I had no idea I would have so many graphics on it!
    Here's my FF
    old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to think of it, I so wish I had my graphics before I got into book blogging. Plus, going back and putting the graphics in the posts are a real pain if you know what I mean!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind being your cheerleader! ;) I was terrified when I put up my banner because I had no Idea what I was doing. I didn't really think about what was necessary when I got started, because I just wanted to blab about books! Thanks for sharing, I'm an old follower :)
    My FF Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only got a blog button, like this year? I can't remember but another blogger was kind enough to design it for me. I have no tech skills. If it's not up on blogger for me to do, I can't do it myself from scratch.

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower! I've been trying to get my blog button to be the same as my profile. But nooo. It's not a square file.
    -__-

    My FF post: http://simple-books.blogspot.com/2012/08/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am to scared to change things to. I have a fear that something will go wrong and I will mess everything up.

    Old follower hopping through.

    Here is
    My FF and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same for me. Any and all buttons/links/etc. on my blog are a constant work in progress! Great answer! My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill if you're interested. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone who has commented thus far! I'm glad I'm not alone in having html/blog design issues/fears. I'm thinking I should get an html for dummies book. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I changed my layout and background about 100 times before I finally did one I liked lol. Thanks for stopping by today! I'm following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the same fears! Haha - I actually created a private blog that no one else can view and before I change any layouts or backgrounds on my blog, I do it on that one first and make sure everything will work before I make any actual changes to my main blog, haha.

    New follower from the blog hop!
    http://thefictionconniption.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can save your blog on your computer before doing any changes, so I would say go for it! I'm quite new to blogging, but I have played around a little with mine, and I have several backups of my blog on my computer just in case :)

    I'm a new GFC follower, and here's my FF post #7. Good luck with finding the perfect background!

    ReplyDelete