Thursday, May 10, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday


Hello all, it's that day of the week where we learn new things about each other and discover new blogs along the way.  We also help each other by becoming followers of one another.  Normally that following would be through GFC (which would be great if you'd still take a few seconds to do), but with that being eliminated for certain blogs (a big boo-hiss to that) I now ask that you follow through a RSS Feed (or Twitter, FB, or email) which you can find to the right.  I want to thank all of you ahead of time who choose to become a follower and make sure to let me know in the comments if you're new so I doubly make sure to follow you back.  And now for this weeks get to know me question....

Q: This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother's Day. In celebration, what are some of your favorite books with strong mother/child relationships?

 

A:  I'd have to say it was the Little House on the Prairie book series I read as a child.  No matter their problems, they could always count on each other.  As I've gotten older, I try to avoid children in the books I read since they're usually portrayed in an annoying manner.

13 comments:

  1. It has been a long time since I've read those books, but I loved them as a kid. Thanks for stopping by and following. I'm looking forward to reading your future posts. I love Follow Friday, too, because meeting other bloggers is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lot easier to find healthy parent/child relationship in older classics, isn't it?

    Old follower :-)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about children often being portrayed as annoying...that's a shame. I mean, they *can* be annoying, but it's quite a stereotype. Some people have amazingly courteous, well-spoken children...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've read those books, but like Lauren said - It seems there are more healthier relationships in older books. :/

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone above. The relationships in classics are definitely healthier.

    New GFC follower

    My FF
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of your choice!

    Im a new blogger! Glad to meet knew readers!
    Following ^.^

    my FF post

    Valery • The Book Of Owl's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...it's been FOREVER since I thought about the Little House on the Prairie books! I remember those from early elementary days, and I agree that it was a solid family unit. Also, what Lauren said in the comments - older books seem to be better with the family element, nowadays it's a lot of broken relationships in literature =/

    Happy friday!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't go wrong with a classic!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never read the books, but I used to watch the series. :)

    New Follower. My #FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice choice, happy Friday.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read it, despite it being a classic!
    New follower!
    Here's my FF: http://meganm922.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-and-follow-friday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read it, but sounds good. Really, they're portrayed that annoying? :( I actually had a hard time picking one, since there are not many books with this theme (at least in the YA I usually read).

    New follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete